About Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine-CC
Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine-Clinical Communications
In January 2018 the Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine (JRM) launched a new open access journal: Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine – Clinical Communications (JRM–CC). This journal has now grown to become a recognized forum for clinicians in the area, and was recently accepted for inclusion in PubMed Central and PubMed.
Most journals today publish papers that report the results of research, written by professional researchers and read by other researchers active in the same field. For clinicians these papers may be difficult to interpret and put into practice in their daily clinical work. JRM-CC bridges this gap between research and real-life impact by focusing on clinical papers in rehabilitation medicine only. JRM–CC does not wish to compete with scientific journals established since a long time back, and a high impact factor is thus not the ultimate aim.
What kind of publications can you expect in JRM–CC?
JRM–CC covers a broad range of clinical papers including case studies, case series, pilot studies, educational papers, personal opinions, technical papers, short reports, PhD-thesis summaries, position papers, book reviews. etc. The main criterion for considering a submission is the relevance for clinical practice in Rehabilitation Medicine.
Why should you publish in JRM-CC?
- Maximal dissemination: all articles are published as Gold Open Access, meaning they are available for free worldwide from day one.
- Non-for-profit: JRM-CC is a non-for-profit self-published journal owned by the Foundation for Rehabilitation Information. This ensures all publishing fees are reinvested in the journal and in research.
- Great visibility: recently accepted to PubMed Central meaning all articles will shortly be included in PubMed.
- Personal publishing service: authors have one dedicated editorial office contact who will guide them through the entire publication process.
- High quality: After the peer-review process, where manuscripts are discussed and improved, all accepted articles undergo both language and copy editing. Proofs are sent to the authors with queries or suggestions to improve the quality of the articles.
- Author rights: Authors retain the copyright to their work, allowing unlimited use and/or distribution of their work.
How to submit papers to JRM–CC?
Review process of articles submitted JRM–CC?
All papers that meet the basic scientific principles and deal with topics within the scope of the journal are subject to single-blinded peer review before acceptance, by reviewers with special expertise in the subject area. After receiving the comments from the reviewers, it will be decided by the Editors whether the manuscript should be accepted directly, which in practice is rare, subjected to a minor/major revision before decision about publication can be made, or rejected.
Is there a submission fee or a publication fee?
JRM-CC is a non-profit journal and has no submission fee, but to cover the costs associated with running the journal we charge a publication fee upon acceptance of your article. The publication fee is 50% of the publication fee in JRM, i.e. EUR650.